Thursday, December 3, 2009

Poetry/Photography

- Muse I
I do have a fascination for abandoned places
This is the first I have photographed
I think it is an old spring house within walking distance of my home.

I couldn't get much closer without boots,
or a willingness to ruin my new sneaks.

I am determined to get brave with my investigating of these places...

~ Rebecca



Leaves
Under feet
Morning ground
Crisp sounds
Taking
Pulling
Unrevealed places
Needed
Needing
Care
To be seen
Dense branches
Guard
Arms
Holding back
Holding on
Sunlight, green
Rivers unseen
Trickling
Tickling
Ears
Thoughts
Forthcoming
Secret hideaways
Brave determination
Abandonment at a pathways end…

© E Stelling, 2009

4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

When I saw that photo, I had a rush of childhood memories!

Strawberry Girl said...

Ah, that brings back memories for me as well... I too love old abandoned places. Your poem captures the feeling well and goes perfectly with the picture... :)

Katherine said...

Love the photo & the poem! I am pleased I came accross your blog. I notice that you have others also...shall have a squizzy I think!

Keri said...

flavorful,indeed. beautimus!