Saturday, February 14, 2009

Black Horse Riding

While walking along fields of green
Hands sliding along summer wheat
Winds rose up and brought with it;
a black horse with no rider…

“Could I be of assistant” I asked
Wanting a drink, and
a good roll in the hay, he’d state
We began to discuss his purpose, and
good Christian ways…

He warned me of dark skies
Shots ringing out like thunder
Riding in on east winds
Making our way through streets of hate, and
judgment…and then he sang…

We’ve Left children crying
Fathers, sons, brothers are dying
Mothers left in pools of red
Death was all around us
No reason for war hurling in our heads…

Off he rode, that black stead
Back to the hill of white stone and rubble
Winter was coming, and peace to sow
Light shines now, to the North East
Where streets were once paved, and
flowed with rivers of unknown soldiers

We’ve Left children crying
Fathers, sons, brothers are dying
Mothers left in pools of red
Death may be all around us
No reason for war, a black stead once said…

Our children will walk the fields of green
Winds may rise up
Bringing messages from the east
Peace and songs they will share
“Bless my lucky star, a black horse will take you only so far”…

E Stelling, 2/13/09

For Obama...a song I composed, and a prayer for peace and our sons to never experience the face of death and darkness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, just a few moments ago I promised myself I'd circumvent most political things because of some negative poli mass emails I got, but this is a lovely, heartfelt poem. ~Mary